Join us at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on Saturday, April 24th in celebration of Earth Day with two of the best ways we know how… volunteering and recycling! On this day dedicated to demonstrating support for environmental protection for the last 50+ years, we will unite with a global community of 193 countries that celebrate Earth Day in their own variety of ways to show our love for the planet we call “home.”
This event is brought to you by Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful and Gwinnett County Solid Waste. You have the opportunity to drop off items that are typically more difficult to recycle, such as electronics, latex and oil-based paint, and tires. Paper shredding will also be available.
Start gathering your items and bring them to the Gwinnett Fairgrounds in Lawrenceville on Saturday, April 24th between 9am and Noon.
Here are some things to remember before you come:
- Paper shredding is limited to five copier paper boxes
- Electronics recycling is free except for TVs, monitors and printers – ($15 cash fee per monitor or TV; $5 cash fee per printer)
- Projectors/Console TVs are $35 cash fee
- Oil-based and latex paint will be accepted and limited to 10 gallons per vehicle (Cans must contain 25% wet paint)
- Tires are limited to eight tires per vehicle; no dealer tires
- Boxes and containers will NOT be returned
To ensure the safety of our attendees, staff and vendors, there will be certain precautions in place to help navigate the COVID19 social distancing guidelines:
- Attendees are encouraged to wear masks
- All attendees should remain in their vehicle at all times
- Items to be recycled should be placed in the trunks or backs of vehicles where they will be removed by vendors or volunteers
- Containers will not be returned, therefore bring materials in disposable containers or boxes
This level of preparedness and awareness will enable a safe and successful event for everyone. For more information, please call the Solid Waste Call Center at 770.822.7141.
We look forward to seeing you April 24th!
or call 678.376.6785.